From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:27:24 -0400

Dear List Mates,

Thanks to those responding to my suspicion of Kraft Mild Cheddar Block
cheese.  The majority of respondents said they consume the cheese without
reaction.  Most mentioned lactose-intolerence as the most likely discomfort
culprit.  Others questioned the annatto coloring agent.

I received a letter from Kraft last month listing this cheese as gf.  Calls
to the company to verify the annatto mixture/mold inhibtors as truley gf have
not been successful.  If I break through I will post the answer.

Other tips:  Many find extra sharp cheeses easier to tolerate, white cheeses
are better tolerated than orange by many respondents, some have reactions to
aged cheeses, many stay away from processed cheeses altogether.

Lindsay