Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:51:41 -0400

     Thank you so much for your replies. There were 11. Quite a few asked what allergy remedies were recommended.  The only recommendation was to stay away from dairy to clear seasonal allergies and  an unspecified over the counter remedy.
      If anyone has any other suggestions for treatment  please send them and I'll summarize those.

     All had agreed that there allergies have begun to kick up this past week. here are some of the replies....

I have heard there is a connection between CD and asthma, and I have allergies & asthma.  Since asthma can be triggered by seasonal allergies, it does make sense that CD & allergies may be connected.

I think that people with compromised immune systems - like us - have many many more allergies of all types than other folks.....

Untreated CD is a leading cause of "leaky gut" syndrome and this makes one susceptible to all sorts of allergens, including airborne.......

 have been GF for almost twenty years and my seasonal allergies are now almost gone.  The few times I am
bothered by something an over the counter pill takes care of it.My eyes used to run so much that the corners bled from rawness, my nose ran all of the time and I could
 not sleep because I could not breathe. After several years I noticed that they were no longer anywhere near
 as bad and now they are almost gone.

I suffer from food and environemntal allergies.  CD disrupts the immune system so I guess it  stands to reason that we are open to all allergies.

I have constant sinus problems and I have wondered if others have the same problems, CD and sinus or allergies.

Health and Happiness,
Monica,KY