From:
Claire Wakefield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Claire Wakefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:54:21 +1000

Hi everyone,

I am new here, so hope I do this correctly and am not repeating a question someone has asked recently!

My Mum has CD, so when I was a teenager and got gastro problems the first thing our doctor said was for me to go gluten free as well. This wasn't hard as the whole house was gluten free thanks to my Mum! Since then, I have had a blood test which was negative which my doctor said was probably because I was gluten free for years beforehand.

I am now wondering if I really am celiac. Is it safe for me to just eat gluten after not eating any for 10 years? My mum has really bad osteoporosis from being diagnosed late, so I am nervous about trying it, but now that I live out of home it is a real hassle I could do without if I'm not really a celiac afterall!

My partner and I are also considering trying for a baby at the end of the year, so any advice about preparing for that would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Claire