From:
Tracy Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:37:37 EST

My son will be 4 in February and has been on a gluten free diet since he was
9 months old. Potty training has been a huge struggle for him because of the
diarrhea and pain that he has when he accidentaly gets some form of gluten in
his system. He still wears a diaper at night time and nap time.

He is terrified of using the toilet. He walks around screaming (this is all
the time not just after ingesting gluten) and runs around in circles. He is
a nervous wreck at these times. Now he even does that when all he needs to do
is urinate. We are getting very frustrated with this because we know that he
is "ready" and capable of doing this. He is very "aware" of when he needs to
go and he holds it in.

I was wondering if any other people with small children have experienced this
and what has worked for you. We have tried to be low stress about it and just
wait it out but he seems to be getting worse.

Thanks!