From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:53:40 -0400

I recently bought 2 packages of round rice wrappers, but I
have been warned that sometimes these wrappers are
dusted with wheat flour in making or packaging them. I
went ahead & bought them (they were not a big investment)
but I hesitate to eat them unless somebody happens to
know whether these particular ones are safe--or not. The
proprietors at both stores spoke very broken English, &
when I asked one, she just said, "Yes, rice, no wheat, rice,"
and pointed at the label. I'm not sure she understood what
I was asking. The other proprietors smiled and gave detailed
instructions in halting English on how to fix the wrappers,
which they obviously assumed was what I wanted to know!

Both packages have no addresses or phone numbers,
but state the wrappers are imported from Vietnam. One
is Queen brand, sesame rice wrappers (Banh Trangh Me),
and the ingredients are rice, salt, sesame. The other one
is Red Rose brand, spring roll rice wrappers (Galettes du
Riz, Banh Trangh), and the ingredients are rice and salt.

Thanks in advance! I'll summarize any responses back to
the list. Good luck and good health!
Bobbi in Baltimore