From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:24:54 -0400

Below is a list of gluten-free menu items provided by Tony Roma's
customer service.  I've also included a couple of useful links.

As a one respondent to my posting on Fuddruckers pointed out -- no
restaurant employee will truly understand and adhere to the behaviors
required to completely rule out cross-contamination.  We must all be
understanding of busy, poorly-paid employees who work in these
establishments.  We've all had incidents in our own kitchens when
cross-contamination has almost occurred.  So, even with a list of
gluten-free items for a restaurant, we can be exposed to gluten.  This
is a risk we take when we allow others to prepare meals for us.

That said, I do feel it's important to *me*, and I believe to others,
that we be able to eat out at restaurants if we so choose.  And, having
a list of menu items that have gluten free ingredients makes it much
easier to do so.  Of course, we must still talk to servers and managers
at restaurants we go to in order to minimize our exposure due to
cross-contamination.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore
****************

Website:  http://www.tonyromas.com/
Link to their menu:  http://www.tonyromas.com/roma_worldfamous.asp
Their Gluten Free Menu Items 7/2003:
--Ribs
--Chicken, barbecued (bone in ONLY)
--All flavors of Tony Roma's Barbecue Sauces
--All salad dressings
--Cole Slaw dressing
--Ranch Style Beans
--Potato Skins
CONTAINS GLUTEN:  Boneless chicken breasts are pre-marinated in teriyaki
sauce and we cannot verify the products used in the marinade