From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 10:35:23 AST

Hi everyone:
Sorry if this is a silly question:
If cattle is fed grains and hay (and growth
hormones and antibiotics to name a few), I'm curious to know if when  celiacs
eat meat, wouldn't it cause damage since the beef would have eaten
wheat, or through the butcher and manufacturing and storing and
cooking process, it would be destroyed.  Also, if someone is allergic
to hay, shouldn't they stay away from beef.  I know of someone that
has an allergy to pennicillin and can't eat meat, because of the fact
they  inject cattle with antibiotics.  I also just bought a book called
"Allergies, Disease in Disguise", and I recommend it to anyone with
allergies to food etc. and to celiacs.  It talks about food allergies, enzyme
therapy, food combining.  It's a very strict diet, no dairy, no sugar,
no flours, no caffeine, no chocolate, no yeast, nothing processed,
just organic (preferably)  veggies and fruits and free range chicken.
 I'm seriously considering going that route, because after 5 months
GF, I really don't see much of a difference, and I'm extremely
careful, I don't think the traditional doctors are going to be of
much more help, so I'm going it on my own, I plan on finding a good
Naturapath, trying it, and see how I feel.  I suffer from food
allergies (I'm sure more than I'm aware of), I hate the spring and
summer, because I have bad hayfever (trees, moulds, grasses, etc),
and I have allergies to animals.  My own personal view is that having
Celiac disease has something to do with all of this.  There is only
one way to find out.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada