From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:49:59 -0800

Here's the responses I got about GF brands of turkey and chicken. I hope
others find this useful, I sure did. I am CONSISTENTLY amazed by the
resourcefulness of the folks on this list.

Boar's Head is good and never has been a problem with sanitation at their

plants......stay away from Wampler..they have had lissteria outbreaks..and
people

died.

Empire Kosher is your best bet for chicken.
For turkey, if Empire has kosher turkey, that will work.
Dietary laws for kosher foods ensure that there is nothing added, and no
antibiotics.

Perdue boneless chicken breast are plain and unaltered.

Try asking for free-range chicken
in the grocery store.

Bell and Evans turkeys are GF and have been fed no antibiotics

Gluten-Free Turkeys:

Alberstons (no added basting)

Empire Kosher

Honeysuckle White

Safeway (Plain)

Shadybrook Farms

Shelton's is a brand in health food stores.  I don't know if they have
just whole chicken or turkey, but they have good ground turkey (frozen).

Butterball