From:
Danna Korn, Raising Our Celiac Kids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:39:17 -0700

Hi, listmates:

Wanted to let you know that there are some fun events coming up in
Springfield, IL.  Both events take place Monday, July 23.

1.  Cooking demonstration - Cub Foods (west) -- 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.  Cub
Foods (west) is introducing its newest specialty section:  gluten-free
items!  To celebrate, we are having a cooking demonstration:  "Creative
Cooking -- Gluten-Free!"  The first part of the demonstration will show
creative ways to turn gluten-free products into fabulous meals.  The
second half will show how to make your family favorites with "regular"
foods found in any grocery store.  Donning her chef's hat will be Danna
Korn.  For information, call Kevin Garner at Cub Foods, 217-793-3773.

2.  Book signing -- Barnes & Noble (across the street from Cub Foods) --
11 a.m.  Danna Korn will be signing her new book, "Kids with Celiac
Disease:  A Family Guide to Raising Happy, Healthy Gluten-Free
Children."  Remember, author's proceeds from this book are donated to
celiac research.