From:
Judee DeJaco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judee DeJaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:40:55 -0400

TO ALL INTERESTED,
I am shocked, but just was denied health insurance due to the diagnosis
of celiac sprue.  I never imagined this might be the case, but it is my
reality.  I have been insured since my diagnosis in late 1993.  The
difference this time is that since my husband and I are self employed,
we have to get insurance on our own.  Therefore, we had to fill out a
detailed application.  In the past, when we switched insurance
companies, it was due to a job change and did not have to fill out a
detailed application.  (as I remember).  This is quite shocking.  In
Ohio, the rule as I understand so far, is that you have to be uninsured
for 6 months and then you can apply for a special insurance for people
with prexisting conditions...which probably means a significantly higher
premium.

If you have any information  (which insurance companies might not deny
me? is it worth it to appeal their decision? etc)  or experiences to
share, please send me them.  I will summarize and repost in a few days.

Thanks much.
Judee DeJaco
www.columbuskitchenleasing.blogspot.com
www.glutenfreeyouandme.com