Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 16:35:47 -0500

In preparation for my first ski trip since being diagnosed, I e-mailed
Steamboat Springs for assistance.  I asked how I could arrange to have some
mail order food items delivered there so they would be there when I arrived.
 Also, I included information on the GF diet and asked for assistance in
identifying foods available on the mountain that I could eat safely.

In response, I was given an 800 number to call and told that they would make
sure that my package was kept for my arrival per any instructions that I had.
 Also, their executive chef called me (and he had to try several times to
reach me) and told me the names of two nice restaurants on the mountain where
they would be happy to prepare a special meal for me if I made reservations
and asked for the chef when I arrived.  Also, he said that in the cafeteria
style restaurants on the mountain, they have items like baked potatoes and
salads (I'm not sure about dressings yet).

He said that he had a friend in the area with Celiac Disease, so he was
familiar with it.  He gave me her name and number to find out which stores in
the area have GF food available.  Also, he told me to contact him when I
arrived and he would make sure that I was taken care of.  The attitude I
received was great.  Now, I'm looking forward to the slopes!

Casey