From:
Beth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:28:46 -0500

It is interesting to see how many people here also are hypoglycemic.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their symptoms with
me...helping me realize even more that it is time to go the doctor and
have this checked.

Symptoms:
 Sudden onset of the shakes, nausea, sweats, palpitations, weak limbs,
slurred speech, sudden mood change (tiredness, irritablility),
All of this (can be all, can be some)is in reaction to plummeting blood
sugar levels. These symptoms come on a few hours after eating - usually
in reaction the sugar content in what was last eaten. Symptoms go away
after eating something to bring the blood sugar back up. Untreated
hypoglycemia, as I learned from a Diabetic friend recently, can
apparently lead to Type II diabetes.  Hypoglycemia is treated with
dietary changes - something we are all familiar enough with to
understand!

Some suggestions from people:

Read Dr. Atkins Books - he is very familiar with hypoglycemia
Go to a doctor and have a 6 hour glucose tolerance test performed to test
glucose level.
Eat a low-carb diet
Eat more protein (peanut butter is good, (all natural) , eggs, meat,
cheese....
For instant help - eat something sweet.
Personal note- I had a bad attack the other day (the worst and scariest
yet) bad shakes, weak knees, slurred speech and fogginess in the head.  I
bought a candy-bar and about 20 minutes later was okay, but still very
tired.  Orange juice is also good, I have heard, because it absorbs into
the bloodstream quickly.

Good luck to all who have asked me to summarize.  I hope this helps
pinpoint your symptoms. ** I am making no claims, and am not diagnosing
anyone with this information - not even myself.**   I plan to go to the
doctor and have a formal diagnosis made.  Please do the same if you
suspect that this may be the cause of your symptoms.
Thanks again!!
Beth in CT