From:
Joyel Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyel Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:35:41 -0500

Hi all,I have encountered a situation with a manufacturer that is reluctantto divulge its ingredients. Yesterday, I met with a practitioner whoprovided me with a sample of Micronor which is an oralcontraceptive. The practitioner was not certain what the starch wasderived from in the ingredients listing. Before using the product,she recommended that I contact Ortho-McNeil which is the manufacturerof this product.Yesterday afternoon, I spoke with a customer service rep (CSR) atOrtho McNeil. This CSR did not know the source of the starch butassured me that she would have someone research it. I was informedthat I would receive a call back that afternoon. Well, 24 hours hadlapsed and I had not received a response.A half and hour ago, I called Ortho McNeil again. I spoke with adifferent CSR. Initially, she could not comprehend why I wanted toknow about the starch source in Micronor. As you can gather, thisconversation was not proceeding well. Then, I mentioned that I hadcalled yesterday and that she should have a record of this call inher database. Subsequently, I was placed on hold.With in a couple of minutes, the CSR returned to the line. Shestated that they did have a record of my call from yesterday but thatthere had been no guarantee that I would have my call returned in 24hours. She claimed that my call has been "accelerated" and had toplace me on hold for a moment. I thought that this was indeed acontradiction of terms.When she returned once more to the line, she had adopted a veryfrosty and belligerent attitude. She claimed that she could notreach the person that she needed to speak with in the "otherdepartment." She also asserted that she could not "guarantee" tohave someone respond to my inquiry before the end of business today.Well, I have recontacted the provider who issued me the sample. Ihave left a message with the receptionist explaining my predicament.I had hoped to commence this medication this weekend but that doesnot seem to be a viable option. Does anyone have any othersuggestions beyond boycotting Ortho McNeil products in the future?Thanks.Sincerely,Joy