From:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:31:40 -0500

I received the recipe that I had asked for from the very kind lady in New Jersey and I have sent it on to those who asked me to do that.  I am anxious to make it.

I also received many answers from the wonderful people on the list and I intend to use many of them.

More than one person said that they made delicious dressing using cornbread and some also used sausage with it.  It was also suggested to use half bread and half cornbread.  A suggestion was made that rice or wild rice also is good to use instead of bread because it is the other ingredients that make the flavor and bread is only the carrier.  One person said that I should try baking my own bread in a bread machine - they had wonderful success with theirs.  One suggested corn things for sandwiches.

One person stuffs a turkey using diced celery, carrots, onions, APPLES, sometimes walnuts, fresh garlic and potato products, like Paskez Pesach Crumbs or other potato flake breading mixes or gf bread crumbs.  She moistens the product with water and eggs until it's damp throughout and then mixes in other herbs.  Last year she followed a Martha Stewart idea of taking olive oil and garlic and pushing that under the skin as well as rubbing it on the bird, and she said the drippings made the stuffing taste fabulous.

One person had a tip to toast the bread with seasoning on it first, and microwaving it just before adding the warm broth which she said makes it very good and another makes croutons out of Udi's bagels and then toasts them in the oven for use in a regular recipe.  A suggestion was made for using Spandex instead of Xanthum.

There were many suggestions to try other breads for dressing and sandwiches - Rudi's - Smart Treat - Schars - those on Everybody Eats website - the Natural Foods website - le Garden Bakeries bread - using Linda's Best Bread Recipe from her website plus I believe it was in the Gluten Free Comfort Foods Cookbook and to use Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour in it.
Suggestions were made to try the Lisa Williams site for her recipe.  It was suggested that any kind of gluten free bread would work in dressing and a good recipe to try was the gf recipe in "Healthy bread in 5 minutes a day".

I thank everyone who took the trouble to answer me and help me.  It is wonderful to know that you can get help for your problems from kind people who are on the list.

Barbara