Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 05:32:58 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be blunt and to the point and if I offend anybody I'm
terribly sorry.

I really haven't eaten bread in the past 4 years since I was diagnosed
with CD. Oh, I've tried some here and there but nothing has really hit
my hot button because of the texture that is obtained when using rice
flour (the gritty texture). So basically I haven't had any yeast type
products in a long time.

I did discover a bread that was in The Gluten Free Kitchen which I made
yesterday. It's made strictly with potato starch and corn starch, yeast,
honey, eggs, salt, vinegar, plain yogurt, xantham gum, baking powder and
baking soda. After it came out of the oven I tried a piece of it and to
my surprise it wasn't half bad. I then waited awhile and had 2 more
small slices. I had nothing else that was new to my diet for the day.
Well, let me tell you folks, I have got horrible gas this morning! Not
indigestion but GAS!

Could it be from the yeast? Not that it wasn't GF but because I haven't
ingested any for such a long time and my body is in shock? Everything
else in the recipe was GF.

I guess my question is, if it is because of the yeast will by system get
used to it?

Thanks for any help.

Sue Oliver