From:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:55:43 -0400

Hello-

My son is 3 years old and has Celiac Disease.  He had no trouble his frist
year after diagnosis.  No stomach pains or problems.  He was diagnosed at 18
months.  Since this past spring he started waking up at night and
complainign of his tummy hurting   and was whinier in the day.  He seemed to
say his stomach hurt when he got upset  or in trouble too  so it was hard to
say what it was for sure??  But he was waking up in the middle of the night
and crying about it- i  knew that wasnt right.  The celiac blood  tests
(work up) came back negative twice.  Our GI doc did a parasite test and that
came back positive.  He started medication for that in june and seemed to be
a little better  but still the complaints were not gone.  But it got
better.  Now things are worse again.

Now he is up again in the night and crying about his tummy.  I ask him where
it hurts  and now latley he is pointing more to his chest.  So i wonder if
its acid reflux  or heartburn?   Any advice if it is that??  He just turned
3 last week.  His diet is pretty much the same as it has been- with a few
exceptions.  I am keeping a journal of what he eats  and when he is waking
up.  I do not see a pattern. Some nights he doesnt wake up.

We have a GI appt next week.

I have learned a lot from this group  so thought I would ask for advice and
suggestions...

thanks,
suzanne