From:
Mary Ann Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Ann Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:51:42 -0400

yielded the following recommendations:

Stores:
Daily Menu Food Market, N. Croatan Highway, Kill Devil Hills

Restaurants:
Black Pelican
Lone Cedar Inn (near bridge to Manteo)
Ocean Boulevard, Virginia Dare Tr., Kitty Hawk
Outback, 5220 S. Croatan Highway, Nags Head
Penquin Isle, S. Croatan Highway, Nags Head (especially the flourless
chocolate torte and filet with crabmeat)

I also found a convenient list of restaurants in the area at
http://www.menus4meals.com/rest_nags.htm.  The list gives addresses and
phone numbers.

It turns out that I'll be staying in the far northern end of the Outer
Banks.  I don't know how much we'll be travelling down to the more central
locations where these businesses seem to be located, but I'll summarize for
the list any experiences I do have with gluten-free shopping/dining in the
Outer Banks!

Mary Ann