From:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 23:04:41 -0400

Hi,
        A well-intentioned friend recently gave me a 6-pack of Hornsby's
cider, proudly thinking it would be gluten-free.  Well, I emailed the
company and learned it is not.  However, that got me wondering...
        So I tried contacting Woodchuck cider and learned that they will not
guarantee it, but think it is probably safe.  Not exactly heartwarming.
        Has anyone recently tried Woodchuck?  Are there any gf brands of
alcoholic cider.  To be clear I am thinking of something with alcohol
content in the same range as beer, not something made in a mountain
still and alternatively used as paint thinner!  (I had a friend years
ago who made something like that--gf, but dangerous nonetheless.)
        Thanks, if I get good info I will summarize.

Melinda Freckleton, DVM
Catlett VA