From:
Clare Scheffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clare Scheffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:56:25 -0800

I asked the group for ideas on a bakery in or near Las Vegas that could
safely make a gluten free wedding cake for my daughter's wedding in late
December.  Thanks to those who replied.  My summary follows.  Thanks again!
Clare
Arlington, WA
------------------------------
I just saw this about a brand new gf bakery on the Las Vegas list.  I
don't know anything about them personally, but thought it might be
helpful to you.

Aces Up Gluten Free bakery

http://www.acesupglutenfreegoodies.com

The address and phone number:
3370 S. Hualapai Way
Suite 145
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Phone: (702) 242-4970
Fax: (702) 233-6814

The hours:
Mon -Fri 7:30am - 5:00pm
Sat 7:30 am - 1pm

"To all who have waited patiently for this day to come it has arrived
We are opening this Thursday 11/18/2010 @ 12:00pm
Our regular hours will begin this Friday"

www.acesupglutenfreegoodies.com

Please come in or give us a call

Thank you,
Dave Teator, Managing Member
Tasty Designs, LLC d.b.a.
Aces Up Gluten Free Goodies
3370 S. Hualapai Way; Suite 145
Las Vegas, NV 89117
PH: (702) 242-4970 FAX: (702) 233-6814
-----------------------------
Our son was recently married, October 3rd, in the Summerlin area of Las
Vegas.  The Pastry Chef at Vintner Grill, www.vglasvegas.com, made a
fabulous gluten-free flourless chocolate cake for our son's wedding.
Each layer was a three layer torte with a cream filling and it was
adorned with three white cream roses.  Both stunning and delicious!  We
also had our reception at Vintner Grill and worked with Patrick Bryant,
Special Event Manager, to accommodate our guests on special diets:
gluten-free, gluten-free/casein free, and vegan.  We had a fabulous
reception on the patio which offers a mountain view, beautiful
landscaping with interesting lighting, upholstered furniture, two
cabanas and two fire pits.  It was an unforgettable evening!

I also have a friend whose daughter is a Pastry Chef in Las Vegas.
Jeanne Emrath has a BS in Nutrition and Food Science and an AS in Baking
and Pastry. She does cakes professionally and may be able to help you.
"Jeanne Emrath" <[log in to unmask]>
-----------------------------
I found a site for you called glutenfreelasvegas.com.  There is a
gluten-free bakery listed there.  If you google gluten-free bakery Las
Vegas, you will come up with more.  Hope this helps.

*** Clare's note: the site doesn't seem to have been updated for months,
and the link for the bakery listed there doesn't work.
------------------------------
My suggestion is to contact Chef of the hotel or the venue where they
plan on having their reception.  These days, many of these places will
be able to accommodate you if you give them enough notice.  Good luck!
*** Clare's note: my daughter isn't having a reception, just a small
family get together after the ceremony, so this won't work for her.
*** Clare's final comment:  My daughter had also found this place:
Las Vegas Wedding Cakes Online
www.lasvegasweddingcakesonline.com
One page of the site talked about also doing gluten free wedding cakes:
http://www.lasvegasweddingcakesonline.com/gluten-free.html
However, my daughter has called and emailed this place several times
over the past several weeks without any reply, so this place must be out
of business.