From:
Melissa Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:30:40 EST

Hi Listmates,

A few months ago someone asked if Robitussin was acceptable for people
with celiac.  Several people said yes and I have since seen it on
Abigail's list.  However, I remember calling the company a few years ago
and they could not confirm it's gluten-free status.  Also, I have the
Stokes pharmacy book (dated 1998) and it is not listed in there.  We
have been using Scot-Tussin which is not working.  My 5 year old celiac
daughter has pneumonia and has not stopped coughing for 3 days.  The
doctor said to give her Robitussin, but I do not want to do that until I
confirm it's gluten-free status.  I tried calling the company and the
number I had was wrong.  If anyone knows the gluten-free status I would
definitely appreciate it.  My daughter is coughing so much she is also
vomiting.  She needs to keep her antibiotic down and get some sleep in
order to feel better.  Thank you for your help.  Melissa in CT