From:
Juliann Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:47:33 EST

Hi,
I've been with the list for about a month; that's when my 2 year old was
diagnosed with Celiac.  I've been printed out the safe and forbidden lists.

But the emails that I read on this list are confusing me and I'm not part of
a support group yet.  So my reason for writing is to find out if the
following products are safe or not. I hope some of you can help me.

Lea and Perrins Original Steak Sauce
Annatto
Heinz Ketchup
Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream
Iodine in salt
caramel color

My son's belly still appears to be distended after a month or so of being
gluten-free.  But I'm not sure if I'm accidentally giving him gluten with
some of these products.  He really isn't able to verbalize how he feels.  He
seems okay though.  I'm just waiting for that belly to go down.  The
pediatric GI doesn't think he needs to go off of dairy since his stools were
okay with dairy.  I'm wondering if he has further allergies, i.e. corn,
dairy.  Or am I just being impatient and the belly will go down soon enough?

Thank you in advance,
Juli