From:
Teresa Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:07:40 EDT

Remember me?  I was the who posted "tired"

Well, I went to the doctor this morning.

They took blood and urine.

My urine test came back fine.  (sugar, etc.)

One of the 4 blood tests they were able to get results STAT:  They checked
for cell count, anemia, and some other stuff thats included in that test.
All came back negative.  In fact my iron was a 13+......the doctor said most
women my age (29) have around an 11...so thats real good!   My blood
pressure, etc were all fine too!

The results of my other 3 blood tests, thyroid and the other stuff (cant
remember off hand what the names are) will be ready in a week.

He said that stress could be the cause of me being so tired.  Or even
depression.  He said that you dont have to be crying all day to have
depression.  It can play a part in it.

He mentioned giving me an Epstein Barr test, but advised against it.  He said
that viruses or colds can "set it off", therefore, nearly everyone tested for
it comes out positive and he doubts thats the root of my problem.  (Not to
mention its an expensive test, and since I dont have insurance, I didnt want
it.)  I have to pay for each individual test.

He also gave me a prescription for "Barroca Plus".  Its a vitamin.  He said
as far as the book tells him there is no gluten in it, but to double check
with the pharamacist.

I'll keep you informed.

Teresa
NJ, USA