From:
"Karyn S. Friedman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 1996 22:40:40 -0400

Since the dairy/calcium/milk substitution subject keeps coming up, I thought
I'd mention our favorite dairy substitute.  My son is highly allergic, and
this product contains no gluten, soy, or rice.

Darifree is a potato-based GF milk substitute.  It's completely
hypoallergenic and contains as much calcium as milk.  The flavor is milder
and more pleasant than soy or rice milk, in my opinion.  Not something I
personally drink by itself, but nice in cereal or blender shakes.  My son
drinks it like it's ambrosia, but he liked some cookies I once made that
tasted like cabbage...

You can order it by phone from Abersold Foods:

1-800-497-4834

It's 29.95 for a 5-lb jar of powder - makes 23 qts. ($1.30/qt.)

We're very happy with the fact that James tolerates it.  I'm lactose
intolerant and I do like it on my breakfast cereal and for cooking.

Karyn