From:
Heather Krinock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Krinock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:06:06 -0500

Hi,

My toddler is still having trouble.  He was diagnosed 18 months ago with
Celiac's.  He is on a strict GF diet.  I call and confirm products
weekly.  We are dealing regularly with cross contamination issues (ie
separate bakeware and utensils, changing the kitchen sponge frequently,
etc.) But, he seems to be sensitive to corn and for 2 1/2 weeks he has
had a loose bowel in the am.  I can't find a common thread in his food.
He is still small in stature.  I want to talk with a peds GI and an
allergist familiar with Celiac's.  I would appreciate any names even in
the Western NC area or Atlanta Ga.

This is a weird question, but how do you tell if a loose bowel movement
is from gluten contamination, food allergy or the drainage from a cold?
Parenting is stressful enough, without guessing at the cause of his
poop!

Thank you for your help and on going support.

Heather