Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:35:45 -0500

Hello:
    My 19 yr. old daughter was just diagnosed with CD.........what a
life altering !!  I have learned so much from this list serve and
reading everything I can get ahold of.  My daughter seems to take an
apathetic approach to the situation, I believe because she is
overwhelmed.  I am primarily concerned with her return to college, since
good ole mom won't be there to question her eating habits.  When I
suggest becoming involved with a support group, she frowns.  She will be
living in an apartment where she may cook her own meals but doubt she
will.  To the question of the day??????  Is anyone out there around her
age that can give her some advice on how to cope?  We live in a small
rural community, east of St. Louis but she will return to college at
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville in the fall very close to
St. Louis.

Thanks
Deborah Kincaid