From:
Chris Spreitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 21:35:32 PDT

Hi Everybody
We've just spent a few days hosting a celiac student who is traveling and
performing with the Up With People Concert Tour.   Up With People is a
non-profit International learning program which provides personal and
professional growth through the unique combination of international travel,
community service and performing arts.  Rachel  has been with the group
since January.    Being on the road and staying gf in the U.S. has been
quite a challenge for Rachel.  The students stay with host families in the
different cities they perform in.  Besides providing the students with a
place to sleep, host families provide some limited transportation and a few
meals.
Rachel came to us by way of our doctor, who had been contacted by the
advance team for the group.  They had been looking for doctors and their
families for her to stay with, but our doctor thought of us and asked if
we'd be willing to take her in for a few days.  She hadn't known about the
Celiac Listserv, and I suggested that it might be useful for finding some
other gf families that she could stay with.  Her group will be performing
in Windsor, Bishop, Ridgecrest, Santa Barbara, Visalia, and La Canada over
the next few weeks.  If you are able to host this delightful young woman,
please contact the Up With People advance team in your area and ask to host
Rachel Mace.  You can reach the advance team through your Chamber of
Commerce or local newspaper.
Thanks
Chris in CA
MoM of Eileen, Anna, and Laura