From:
Valerie Cawley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Cawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:18:08 -0700

Hi shipmates

We just spent a week cruising the Inside Passage to Alaska on the "Star Princess".
This ship was built in 2003 so everything is new and attractive.  We had a good time.

At the bottom of the menu there is a note to discuss dietary needs with the Maitre D
or the Head Waiter which we did.  The Head Waiters were knowledgeable about
gluten-free diets and were very helpful.  They had Ener-G gluten-free bread on board,
and brought it out for us every time we entered the dining room whether we needed it
or not.  The head waiters saw us coming and greeted us like old friends, educating
the waiters as they walked us to our table.  We were told that we could order special
desserts if we wanted to (the evening before) We opted for "Personal Choice" dining
which meant that we could eat where and when we liked, and it worked out very well.

Happy cruising
Valerie WA
.