From:
"B. Brinkley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B. Brinkley
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:57:27 -0500

Fellow Celiacs:

My son works for Arby's and says cross contamination is very bad in Fast Food restruants. Arby's is much better then most if you remember to let them know they have to make your meal on a clean surface with clean hands (They will wear clean plastic gloves). The meat is cut on it's own meat slicer, the roast beef has it's very own slicer that isn't used for any other things at all. Lettuce also has it's very own shedder.
A few weeks ago I went to Hardee's and order'd the Low Carb Burger. Also GF(I skip the mayo because I'm high sensitive and not sure). They were told that I'm highly allergic to the bread/wheat and it had to be made on a clean surface with clean hands. It took a half hour to get my burger because they had to stop the other orders to clean hands and surface and make mine. It still wasn't completly GF since the kid took the burger from the other burgers he had cooked that he put onto the grill belt with his hands that had just made a burger with a bun. Needless to say I just took my burger and feed it to my son since I didn't want to discourage the kid anymore then I already had.
My son and I went to Subway last week to get him a sub. As his sub was being built the person infront of us decided she didn't want the meats they had already placed on her bread, but wanted something else. They pulled the meat off the bread and put it back in with the other meat. They then dropped the bun into the lettuce and picked the bun back out without alarm. As we went down the line I kept on saying "And that's why I can't get the meats at Subway", "And that's why I can't have a salad at Subway".
Be careful and go in and watch them make your meal.

Betty