From:
Stacey Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stacey Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:46:58 -0500

Thanks to everyone that responded and Happy Passover!  Here's a summary of
the suggestions I got:

There is a recipe in the April issue of Bon Appetit magazine.  The recipe
is for a Caramel-Almond Torte with spiced mango compote.  The recipe only
uses almonds and potato starch, so it is already GF.  I have not made it
yet, but plan to for next week.  It sounds really good.  You may be able to
get the recipe on their web site or you can buy the magazine.  It seems
easy to make.
__________
I found these two dessert recipes on epicurious that might work for
passover.
Here are the web sites:
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=1315
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=385
__________
The March issue of “Cooking Light” has Passover desserts beginning on page
200.  The author, Joan Nathan, substituted matzo cake meal for flour in the
recipes using flour.  I thought about trying them with almond flour (finely
ground almonds) as one possibility.  Several of the recipes are without
flour or the matzo cake meal.
One recipe is for “Passover Pear-Ginger Crisp.”  I think the almond flour
would work well in the topping.
I don’t care for coconut macaroons, but have made nut macaroons  -
pistachio to die for!  & pecan w/ a bit of cinnamon and cocoa.  Most
recipies I have seen are simply the ground nuts, eggwhites, sugar and
flavoring (GF vanilla, nut, spice or whatever)