From:
Mary Schram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:53:53 -0700

Thanks for the many responses.  After reviewing all of
this information, I am still unwilling to try it, but
will check into the other information referenced.

Summary

"Get a new doctor"

"From the Mannatech website, it appears there is a lot
that isn't gluten free"

"I take immuno suppressant drugs for arthritis and the
product helps"

"I've been taking Mannatech products including
Ambrotose for a few years - think great products"

"I've heard good things, but it is GF?"

"I take it and it gives me more energy.  I ignore the
other claims."

"Ambrotose is the only known substance that is a
modulator of the immune system.  It does not cure
anyting.  It just gives the body the raw material it
needs and doesn't get from our diets.  See Harpers
Biochemistry 1996 and later references for a
discussion of the whole technology"

"Lemongrass oil (an essential oil) may help some of
the symptoms.  Try Reiki"

"Betaglucans are to be explored.  go to WWW.NSC24.com
for more info on using beta glucans to balance the
immune system"

"Took for a few months and my skin looked terrific -
main symptom is DH"

"Research I did on the product pointed to another
worthless Amway type thing (multi level marketing).  I
did try it and didn't notice anything unusual"

"My family used and my daughter (who was soon after
diagnosed with celiac) became much worse with her GI
symptoms.  Didn't seem to have any effect on the rest
of the non Celiac family"