From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:35:43 -0500

Thanks to all who responded.  It was great.

I originally posted that my daughter-in-law has always had IBS and was
recently told she also has fibromyalgia.  Her whole family has bowel or
reflux problems.  She has been suffering from abdominal pain and had a
recent surgery for ovarian cysts or possible endometriosis.  Surgery
exploration was clean.  Not a single problem found.   I asked if anyone has
suffered from pelvic or abdominal pain or painful intercourse, and did they
find it related to celiac.

All who responded told me of their different kinds of pain that I listed
and how going GF cleared up all their symptoms.  Only about two or three
still suffer with the pain and have no idea why.  One said she has tested
negative for celiac, but she didn't say if she tried the GF diet to see if
it would help.  Perhaps she tested negative as she is only gluten sensitive
and not celiac yet.

One responder, a horse vet, said exactly what I have been saying all
along....if you have irritable bowel, just what is making that bowel
irritable???   Our doctors do not give us specific answers.  Our vet said
if he/she gave a diagnosis of a lame horse without saying why it was lame,
they would no longer be in business.  Think about that one!!

Anyway, thanks to all who responded.  I hope to present my daughter-in-law
with some of these answers, and hope my son takes enough interest to read
some of them also and perhaps push her along in asking for testing.

Bev
Ohio