From:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:27:10 -0400

Aquamin, a product derived from the red seaweed, Lithothamnion
Coralliodides, harvested off the south west coast of Ireland, may be
useful to improve the texture of gluten-free bread.  It is available to
commercial customers from GTC Nutrition.  I don't know if individual
consumers can obtain it as yet.  Aquamin, in addition to the modified
tapioca starch product, Expandex, may be useful in making gluten-free
bread more palatable.

For those willing to use oats, oat flour adds a satisfying taste to gf
bread.  For the more adventurous, einkorn, a very likely non-toxic
ancient wheat, makes an extremely tasty bread, but is not readily
available.  I have obtained einkorn grain and have been baking and
consuming einkorn bread.  The einkorn I'm using does not bake like
bread wheat and has its own special baking needs which I've been
learning to master after numerous baking trials.  I've been working
with a Canadian organic grain grower, and, hopefully, an
uncontaminated supply of einkorn grain or flour can eventually be
made available in the future.

Marigot mineral complex improves gluten-free bread texture
(Paste this link together on 1 line.  Remove any 3D characters.)
< http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=75562-
marigot-aquamin-gluten-free >

GTC Nutrition - Aquamin
< http://www.gtcnutrition.com/EN/products/aquamin/index.php >