From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 15:22:44 -0700

Thanks to all who responded while I was on vacation.  I received only
positive responses on these waffles.  Not one response out of the dozen
or so I received indicated a  problem with them.  In fact, one person
indicated the people who run the company have a relative with celiac
and so they are very careful in manufacturing them.  I must say they
were WONDERFUL.  One person indicated if you have a problem with canola
you may have a problem with these waffles but not because of gluten.
I guess the same would be true for soy flour.

One responder indicated they also make apple/cinnamon and a blueberry
variety.

Other eating suggestions included topping them with powdered sugar and
strawberries. Also butter and 100% fruid spread.  Also ice cream and
sauce of your choice.

For those still interested you can contact them at:  Vans International
Foods, Torrance, CA  90501.  The ingredients listed are:  brown rice
flour, potato starch flour, sweet brown rice flour, canola oil, pear,
pineapple, peach sweetener, guar gum, baking powder, licithin, sea
salt, soy flour.

Again, thanks.

Lisa