From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:34:38 -0700

My endocronologist told me last week that CD causes high chloesterol.  I
was very surprised that she seemed to know about CD, because the last
time I was there in the fall, she knew very little.  Her husband is a
gastro-radiologist.  Have any doctors out there related high cholesterol
with CD?  It is not in any literature that I have read.

I have high LDL levels of cholesterol (163).  My HDLs are low at 40.  My
triglycerides are at 41 and VLDL levels are 8.  I cannot take the
cholesterol lowering drugs because they give me adrenal
insufficieny symptoms.  My doctors insist, but it makes me so sick that I
feel I would rather take my chances and die of a heart attack then to be
bed ridden.  Has anyone else out there had these problems?  Two of my
grandchildren also have high cholesterol.  Now my son is telling me that
I should not give them any fried foods (I never did) because they both
get such bad stomach aches. Humm?  Carol in NJ