From:
Rebecca Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:58:28 -0500

Does this sound like a gluten episode?  Our daycare called us to pick up
our daughter (age 3) because she had vomited.  They told us she had
become whiny and droopy shortly after arriving at daycare (she was
fine in the morning), fell asleep twice during lunch, wouldn't eat, and then
vomited.  She was VERY listless when I picked her up and said her
tummy hurt.  At home, she vomited once more, and then almost
immediately asked for food and started to get better.  Within 2 hours she
was her old self and has shown no signs of illness since then (about 5
days).

We have thought about what she had to eat prior to this episode, and
cannot figure out where she could have gotten any gluten. But one item
we're not sure about is Oral-B Sesame Street bubble gum toothpaste that
she used the night before.

We are only a few months into this celiac business, so we don't know
what to expect from her when some gluten slips in.  Does this ring any
bells with anyone?