From:
"friedman.robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 23:58:02 -0700

After 2.5 years of constant runs with my first son (who is 2.5 years
old) and 12 weeks of it with my nine month old I got fed up and
researched the internet. I found you. I had never heard of celiac
before. My first son, Michael, cannot have any dairy or citrus.
Jacob(the baby) was losing wight while I was nursing him. I cannot
remember if he was eating cereal at the time. When he was eating
cereal it was oat. We began to supplement him with soy formula.
Shortly after that the runs started.  Because Michael cannot have
dairy and won't drink soy I gave him rice milk, After 9 weeks of the
runs with Jacob I started giving him rice milk also, he got constipated.
Michael received speech and occupational therapy after being
diagnosed as developmentally delayed. This Thursday Jacob will be
evaluated because he still isn't doing things he should be(sitting up,
holding a bottle, etc.)
Here's my question. How important is the testing? If the runs stop
after a GF diet why should I not assume that he is gluten intolerant?
Maybe not actually celiac but still unable to tolerate any gluten? They
both show some of the classic symptoms. We do not have insurance
and after we get it with a diagnosis we may be unable to get it for the
boys or they may not cover ANY stomach or intestinal problems.
Also: Does anyone know if gluten crosses in breast milk?
I will appreciate any response

Diana Friedman
Love,
Diana