From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:58:08 -0700

Hi All--

Today I learned that Allegra 180 is now offered in generic form. Teva is the pharmaceutical company for the generic, fexofenadine, and it contains no wheat, rye, barley or oats (in fact, no starches at all, according to the pharmacist at Teva). Fexofenadine does, however, contain a small amount of lactose, as does Allegra. I didn't ask about other strengths of fexofendadine, but you can Google "Teva Pharmaceuticals" and find their web site and 800 number to inquire.

So, for those of you who can tolerate lactose and are willing to try generics, this is very good news. I've been taking Allegra for 20 years - it's been a lifesaver for my generalized itching as well as my allergies.

Just wanted ya'll to know.....

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama