From:
KratzmeierFamily <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:34:35 -0500

Thank you everyone! I think I got almost as many requests for this
information as I got responses.  Here are the responses.  I have tried
to include as many as I could without repeating myself (they are in no
particular order and some have been edited.)  I also got several recipes
although most people indicate that you use your favorite bread recipe
either from scratch or bought with either foil or muffin rings.

If you are interested in the recipes, please email me.  Several people
did recommend the recipes from Bette Hagman's fourth book,  The Gluten
Free Gourmet Bakes Bread.  (Hints for using foil or rings are at the end
of this note.)

***

You can purchase hamburger and hot dog buns at www.glutino.com

***

Marie Nature at www.marie-nature.com

***

www.gilliansfoods.com sells buns

***

Very BEST `bun' I've ever had is Kinnikinnick's English Muffin.  It's
the right size for a hamburger bun and when you nuke it for about 40
seconds it has that lovely elasticity that those bad gluten buns have.

***

Ener-G Foods has three kinds of hamburger buns and 2 kinds of hotdog
buns.

They are big, so I often just use half of the bun.  I like the tapioca
ones best.

Their telephone number is 1-800-331-5222.  www.ener-g.com

***

For hot dog buns, roll hotdogs up in a soft corn tortilla.

***

EnerG brown rice English muffins with sweet potato for a hamburger bun.

***

Mr. Ritt's in Philadelphia.

***

cybros rolls are a good bun.... pretty inexpensive at
www.gardenspotsfinest.com

***

I use Kinnikinnick tapioca hamburger buns, but I cut them into 3 layers
and save the middle one for toast.... the texture is nice - and even
better if toasted.

***

gluten solutions at www.glutensolutions.com

***

www.glutenfreedelights.com (hamburger buns).

***

Foods by George english muffins.  Split them into 3 or 4 pieces and
toast what you want to use. They mail order and accept credit cards by
phone. 201 612 9700

***** For what people use as forms... tin rings that I've collected from
small pineapple, water chestnut, tuna (pre-stackable) cans.  I simply
cut the top and bottom off.

***

I have found that I can fold a strip of aluminum foil so it is about 4
thickness, keeping a really straight edge, staple ends together, then
shape it the way you want for a hotdog bun or a hamburger bun and put
them on a cookie sheet.

Make a bread dough {I use the read machine}, put some dough in each
form, let rise to double and bake. I use cooking spray inside the forms.
I freeze a supply, reheat either in the micro-wave or toaster oven.

***

Take about a foot or foil out fold lengthwise and then again till about
1" to 1 1/2", tape (masking tape works well) the out side of the ring.
Oil the inside of the ring and pan and rice flour it.  Spoon in dough
and try to hold the ring down.  I use a plastic spoon oiled to spread
the dough evenly.  Let it rise and then bake.

Cover after 10 min so tops don't overcook.  Cool on racks.

***

For hamburger rolls I use a muffin top pan.  For hot dog buns, I squeeze

english muffin rings into the approximate shape.

***

forms from glutenfree pantry  1-800-291-8386, or www.glutenfree.com

***

king arthur sells forms to use to make hotdog and hamburger rolls.