From:
D S Maloy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:37:17 -0600

Thank you ,everyone, for your good wishes.  I had a huge response to my
post regarding a reaction to this year's flu shot.  More than half the
responders had no reaction; most of them had never had a reaction.
Almost all of the other responders had a reaction involving sore arms,
fever, etc. but less than a dozen people said they had stomach problems.
Those that did have a stomach reaction, however, had the same nausea
problems I did, some lasting for quite some time.  Ten people
recommended that those with celiac disease never get flu shots, but my
doctor feels differently.
Several people wondered if I'm allergic to eggs, but I'm not.  I should
say that I also have lupus and this may have some bearing, but I can't
figure out what.
I'm still nauseated after five days, but not as much.  There is still a
four-inch welt, but it's not as hot as it was and I have no fever.  I'm
definitely on the uphill slope.
Thanks again for all your responses.
--Donna