From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:15:56 -0700

Hi All--

I just received this note as a result of my summary on rice wraps. I hope this incident will remind people that we are all looking out for one another and can't be too careful. A huge thanks to Kay for catching the error and helping to keep all of us healthy!
____
Hi Ayn,

Thank you for summarizing about rice wrappers.  I just wanted to add something to the responses you got -- a lot of people wrote that Banh Trang  is a brand.  It is not!  It's the Vietnamese name for rice wrappers!!!!

Therefore, there are some Banh Trang packages I've seen that included wheat starch, wheat, etc., even though they are technically rice wrappers since the main ingredient will be rice.  In other words, please don't just buy the first package of "Banh Trang" that you come across.  Please read the labels, I wouldn't want you to get sick after searching so hard for them!

All the best,
Kay