From:
"Martin D. Nagle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 00:14:53 -0500

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Ed Vala wrote:

>   And last weekend I convinced my youngest brother to try the
> diet.  He is 16 and as most kids his age he has had acne for about a  year
> or so (pretty bad).  After just 3 days on a strict GF diet it appears
> that his acne is diappearing.  Its a miracle. Gone!  Man I wish I
> could have had that knowledge when I went throught that hell.  Lets just
> say he is convinced that GF is the way to live!

My version was less dramatic

I was 18 when I was diagnosed with celiac, and of course had acne, though
not badly.  Through college I not only "cheated," but was ill informed on
the hidden glutens of the world.  When I was 22 I went wholly GF.  (It
wasn't until then that I found out about malt flavoring!  Bye bye Frosted
Flakes)  I'm 24 now.

I had mild but persistent acne all the way up until I went seriously GF.
I always kindof thought it was lasting a bit longer than these things
usually do.  In my case, though, the correlation between a GF diet and
clearer skin was too strong to ignore.

GF is the way to live - and there are many more reasons than just the
stomach.

Marty Nagle
Graduate student in International Relations
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
Syracuse University