From:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:45:01 -0500

Many of you were also very frustrated by company responses and several suggested a
boycott.

Several point out that "The key here is your phrase "wheat derived from Ethanol (distilled
from grain)". I assume this means ethanol made from wheat. If the ethanol (an alcohol,
same as is used as an additive in gasoline) is distilled, it is gf. All distilled products are gf.
They're practicing a bit of CYA. Whether they should be listing wheat as a possible
contaminant under the circumstances isn't clear--one would have to read the law to see if
distilled products must list the source of the distillant".

It was also suggested that I report them to the FDA - given the fact that the ethanol is fine I
won't do that. The point is that THEY think it IS a problem and yet they won't pursue the
matter fully and satisfactorily for their consumers. That is the crime.

THanks>
Cathy