From:
Christine Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 15:07:27 EDT

A number of people replied to my question about the possiblity of a
celiac pill, which was something the GI mentioned to my teenage son.
Many thought the  GI was irresponsible, many were sure that a pill of
any sort was impossible. However I did get requests for summaries, so
some of you are still hoping.Basically, I didn't get much.
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/320/7237/736/b  This is an article
talking about blocking a reaction (in celiacs) to a specific peptide.
It seemed pretty theoretical at this stage.

Another list mate told of a program shown on the BBC apparently on a similar
topic.

Again, opinion seemed to be that it was, in theory, workable, but a long way
from reality.

That was it, folks.  Wish I had more, for you and my teenager.
                                             Christine in Colorado