From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:12:17 -0400

I keep seeing questions about gluten challenges...let it be said that I have been gf for almost fifteen years.  When I was looking for a diagnosis, I went to an allergist who carefully listened to my symptoms and said flat out..."I'm pretty sure you are celiac...in fact, you are a classic celiac"....and then she told me about the diet.  She didn't see any reason to do any testing...she said to try the diet because there's no meds...just diet.  "If it works, you are celiac".  Obviously it worked

I got the distinct impression that she looked on gluten challenges as a way for mds to make money.  And you know, I think so, too