Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 02:46:37 -0500

I know there are more important questions to be asked, but there is very
little about Bombay Sapphire Gin and the company's e-mail response left me
underwhelmed (see below). I was wondering if anyone has definitive
information on the gluten status of this product beyond the perfunctory
response I received. I am well aware of the commonly applied response that
"all distilled liquor is gluten-free", however this only applies when the
distillate is unaltered after that process, which doesn't apply to this
particular gin. Thanks for any useful advice,

DW

Thank you for your inquiry. As per your request, please be advised that the
alcohol used in processing the gin does derive from grain, corn, wheat, and
rye. Therefore, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE and BOMBAY ORIGINAL Gins may contain trace
amounts of gluten, because some of these ingredients are outsourced. The
exact quantity is unknown. If you still have questions, we suggest you
contact your doctor as to whether or not you should consume such beverage
products before consumption.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued
patronage.

Best Regards,

Consumer Services
The Bombay Spirits Company U.S.A.