From:
Laurie Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurie Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:07:41 -0400

Hi,

Here is a summary of the responses I received when I asked for Celiac friendly restaurants in North Carolina. I want to thank all of you for your emails. I now am truly looking forward to our trip.

1.
I enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Bistro at Biltmore. It adjoins the winery. They were very familiar with CD and prepared me a wonderful
dinner.

We vacationed in Asheville this July and can vouch for the Laughing Seed in downtown Asheville on Wall Street. They had a number of gluten-free entrees and the waitress went over every item on the menu with us. Very helpful people, good atmosphere, eclectic choice of entrees.

I live in Asheville and love to eat out.   Here are some suggestions:
Inexpensive:
Urban Burrito (3 locations) - black beans, rice with toppings (salsa, guac, cheese, etc)  The pineapple salsa is especially good.=20
Indian Garden - great lunch buffet, ingredients are listed above items.

Dinner is more expensive and more difficult to find out ingredients
EarthFare - good buffet, ingredients are listed above items
Greenlife - yummy, labelled GF desserts
Cocula Mexican restaurant - chicken soup, nachos fajitas with chicken or beef, shrimp taco (comes in corn torillas) are our personal favorites
We have several Thai restaurants - Thai Basil, Jae and Thai Kitchen.

There is an excellent Middle Eastern restaurant nearby that my mother enjoys.  It is more expensive
but she has no trouble finding GF foods there.  The name of the restaurant is Rezaz.  It is walking distance from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate

I forgot to mention an excellent restaurant that is very near the Estate. It is less than 5 minutes from the Estate.  The name of the restaurant  is Apollo Flame.  It is a Greek restaurant.  We get the Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken.   It's crowded at peak meal times.  It is closed on Sundays.=

Charleston, South Carolina
I live in North Charleston but basically we have the same restaurants anywhere else.  Appleby's, Texas Steer, Texas Longhorn, The Outback Steakhouse and there are Ryan's Steakhouses all over with a great hot bar.The hot bar is 8.99 on the weekend and 6.99 =
during the week.

2.
There is an excellent P.F. Chang's in Charlotte near Southpark Shopping Center. See their site for specific location info: http://www.pfchangs.com/<http://www.pfchangs.com/>

3.