From:
Chloe Macy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:03:39 -0400

Dear List Members,

Ms. Lowell asked me to convey her happiness at the support shown for
her book.  This is what she wrote:

Dear Gwynneth:  I am heartened and astounded by the overwhelming support
shown in this outpouring of response to C.C.&T and to my work in
general.  I have copied every single one and put it in a special folder
which is quickly becoming a solid case for publishing this "special
interest" book I imagined some time ago. (As a point of interest,
Against The Grain was also loved by all the editors, but not deemed to
be marketable when I first showed it around a full three years prior to
its publication.  I wouldn't take no for an answer then, too.  I
restated my case and tried it again.)  Please convey my thanks to all
the list members who wrote so compellingly and with such candor.  I feel
propped up on the soft pillow of their good wishes.  And thank you for
taking the time out of your own busy life to forward all that mail, for
being so willing to support a fellow stranger.  I assure you, this
experience will keep me going for a long time to come.  Bless you all.

Jax Lowell