CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
R F Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R F Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:42:34 -0800

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about Agave Syrup.

  Most said Agave can be used in place of sugar (while reducing the recipe's liquid).  Others indicated it was a nice substitute for pancake syrup without raising their blood sugar levels.  Two indicated that they didn't care for it.  However, most felt they used it quite successfully -- particularly in baked goods.  I plan on using it this weekend when I bake cookies.  I'll let you know how they turned out.

  Again, thanks to all who took the time to respond.

Rita
  Rita Malkin
  Gourmet Celiac Group
  Holland, Ohio

* Please provide references to back up claims of a product being appropiate *