CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 20:29:18 -0700

Are you sure you don't have a prototype with the Complete? Look in the
package inserts for the %CV for whole blood for the Complete.

>>Not sure what you mean here?

I use only BM meters and have been very satisfied with them: yes, need
more blood but that gives more reproducible results. Using strips from
the same vial? That does matter.

>>Actually I don't have duplicate code chips for both to be able to use the
same strips from the same vial.....  but I opened new bottles up of each at
the same time.

Using a hanging drop and letting the strip drink it up?

>>I've got the hanging drop technique down pat, I get enough blood to drip a
drop one one strip & another for the 2nd meter.  I never get error messages
for too little blood (did at first when learning- have not had one for over a
year!)

That gives better wetting. What's the average percentage
difference (with all strips from the same vial)?

--

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Life is but an endless series of experiments- Ghandi