CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carl Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:52:48 -0400

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a couple of weeks ago and am just getting
started with the diet.  I'm 46 and I've been insulin dependent for almost 25
years, but adding (subtracting?)  all the new food restrictions is really
challenging and discouraging.  It seems that all I'm finding is what I CAN'T
eat.  I would be interested in any help in getting started on the basics of a
combination diet.  I have yet to locate a dietician in this area who is
really knowledgeable about celiac disease.

I've started to feel better most of the time, and spend the rest of the time
second guessing what I might have eaten that I shouldn't have.

I'm glad I found this site, it sounds like a good one.

Carl Douthit -- Boise, Idaho